Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Welcome

To those who might one day follow this, or may be asked to post, I want to say hello and tell you a little bit about myself and why I want to start this post. The reason is actually kinda selfish. I want to write this to keep track of all the beers I try on my travels. I have a job that allows me to travel around the US and sometimes to international destinations. During these trips I like to try as many local beers as I can. I am a HUGE lover of micro brews and want to try as many as possible. But before I go any further I guess I should back up some.

When I first started drinking beer I hated it. I thought it was one of the most disgusting things that I had ever had and vowed to drink it as little as possible. This was mainly due to the fact that the only thing me and my friends could afford to drink was cheap light beer that has next to no flavor and to me seems like little more then carbonated water with a little beer flavoring. I know that this might make me sound like a beer snob . . . but I can't help it. I know what I like and that wasn't it.

It wasn't until I got a little older (and not so poor) that I was able to branch out and finally find some beers that I liked. I was still a little hesitant at first but slowly my mind started to change my mind. I started having micro brews and I haven't turned back yet. That's not to say that there aren't any good national level brewing companies out there. . . .but that will be for future posts.

I hope that this can become to a place for those of us who are lovers of beer to come and talk about our travels, either physically or through the bottle, and share our stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment